The AMSEC HS7943 is a high security gun safe that has a TL-15 Underwriters Laboratory burglary rating. Not only does it have a high security burglar rating, but it weighs 6840 pounds of steel and composite material that make it one of the best gun safes made today. If you’re looking for a MADE IN THE USA product, this one is your choice. The door is 2 3/4″ thick, made out of 1″ solid steel plate and inner steel with burglary resistant composite material sandwiched in between. The body is 3 1/2″ thick with a 1″ thick solid steel plate on the inner wall and another outer steel plate enclosing the same unique burglary resistant composite material in the door. The 10 massive 1 1/2″ solid steel chrome plated locking bolts will keep any burglar from prying open the door.
The fire rating on the AMSEC HS7943 high security gun safe is a Mercury Class IV fire rating for 2 hours at 1850 degrees F. It is designed to maintain an interior temperature of less than 350 degrees F.
The locking mechanism can either be a U.L listed Group 2M dial combination lock with spyproof key locking dial, or for an upgrade charge, a digital electronic lock. There is a drill shattering hard plate and two additional spring loaded relocking devices to protect the lock from drilling or attempted attacks.
The lock and feel of the AMSEC HS7943 HS series gun safe is just as good as the security. The interior has a plush tan pin dot fabric which makes the interior look sharp. The outside has four paint colors (chocolate brown, black, sandstone or granite) and the 5-point handle and logo are available in chrome or polished brass.
AMSEC HS7943 Gun Safe Features:
- U.L. Listed TL-15 burglary and fire resistant high security gun safe.
- 2¾” thick door constructed with 1″ thick solid steel plate and an inner steel plate enclosing a unique burglary-resistant, high security material.
- 3½” thick body constructed with 1″ thick solid steel plate inner wall and an outer steel plate enclosing a unique burglary-resistant, high security material.
- Mercury Class IV fire protection of 1850°F for 2 hours. Designed to maintain an interior temperature of less than 350°F.
- U.L. listed Group 2M lock with spy-proof key-locking dial, drill shattering hard plate and two additional spring-loaded relocking devices.
- Plush tan pin-dot fabric interior.
- 5-point handle in brass or chrome and bold zinc die-cast polished brass or chrome logos.
- 10 massive 1½” solid steel chrome plated locking bolts.